Friday 9 April 2010

I am not by any means the world's most prolific blogger.

This does not mean however that I am unenthusiastic about my blog, or blogging in general. Or that if I don't update for awhile that I am no longer interested in pouring out my irrational thoughts, feelings and emotions to potentially billions of people (although of course more likely about four - individuals that is, not billions). I quite enjoy it. To an extent. Although I can't quite shake off the feeling that the Internet is never as anonymous as it might initially seem, so I am unable to express myself quite as freely as I might otherwise. Although I suppose it encourages me to make an attempt at eloquence.

Anyway, on to the real stuff. Becoming an auntie in September: unexpected, but all the more exciting for it. Watching a friend's mother be moved into a hospice: well, life is a bitch. That doesn't even begin to cover it, but I am simply lost as to how to comprehend how that feels. It hurts to imagine it.

So to say I'm feeling conflicted is the most apt description of my state of mind. So excited (and more than a little jealous) about the new life aspect that is imminent. But staggered at how quickly things can take a turn for the worst. I don't know which situation I will have to tackle first. I hope it's the former, but I fear in my heart that it will be the latter.

No comments: